Friday, August 23, 2013

My Baby Hate Me

It is official...my baby hates me.  OK, maybe not, but sometimes I feel like it.  Alessia went from sleeping 8-11 hours straight every night almost every night for two months to getting up 2-4 times a night.

Up until this Monday, I was able to cope because Kevin and my mom would watch her for an hour or two so I could nap.  Now that Kevin has moved to Ann Arbor and my mom is back at work, I am exhausted.

Of course everyone offers their tips.
 1. Let her put herself back to sleep when she wakes up...I tried that at about 4 o'clock this morning and instead she rolled around for 20 minutes and then wouldn't go back down.
2. Let her cry it out...tried that too, but after five minutes of listening to her gag and scream, I can't take it.
3. Fill her up before bed...I switched to giving her bottles so I know exactly how much she is eating...she still wakes up.
4. Put her to bed earlier...we cut out her suppertime nap and now she goes down at 7:30-8:00.  She wakes up after being asleep for about an hour and I have to put her back down.
5. Don't let her take long daytime naps...she never has and if she does, I never let her sleep over two hours.
 
I am hoping and praying that once we get into our house, things change for the better.  She'll have her own room, she'll be in a crib, and we'll be able to get into a better routine.  If not, I'm going to have to do some serious reading up on sleep training because I can't live like this, especially when Kevin will be traveling so much.

And, as we speak, I am watching Alessia on the monitor eat her blanket after taking a 20 minute nap.  I seriously hope she takes a longer second nap because I'm planning on laying down for that one too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment