Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Our Little House Guest

Last week, I went out to the sunroom to put something in the recycling and something ran in front of me.  I wasn't sure what I had seen, but I was betting it was probably a mouse.  I decided it was best to turn around, go back in the apartment, and shut the door.  For hours, I kept an eye out to see if I could catch our little house guest wandering around.  And sure enough, he made an appearance.  Turns out, our guest isn't a mouse; he is a lizard. 

He likes to sunbathe when it's warm out and I think he is living behind a closet out there.  He was a regular for a few days and then he disappeared.  I thought he was gone so I went back to keeping the sunroom door open (occasionally).  Then this morning, he scared the shit out of me when I was cleaning. 

I've tried to keep the door to the outside open hoping he'll go out, but I'm pretty sure he's content in the sunroom since it is freezing outside.  I'm thinking he is probably pretty hungry and might need some water.  Lizards need that type of stuff, right?  So, I'm going to have to do some Googling in order to make our house guest comfortable.  And I'll be keeping the door to the sunroom closed for the time being.

I definitely chased the lizard around in order to get some pictures of him. 

Maybe I should name him??

No comments:

Post a Comment